Goods CANNOT be returned or exchanged if the customer has simply changed their mind. Refunds and exchanges are permitted where the goods purchased do not perform as advertised.
- Goods must be returned within 30 days of receipt.
- Goods must be in original, undamaged packaging.
- Goods must not be fitted or used.
- Clothing and apparel items must have tags still attached and not be used.
- Cycling Shorts unfortunately can’t be returned under any circumstances for hygienic reasons.
All goods purchased from Trilogy Cycles are covered by the full manufacturer’s warranty. Generally speaking, warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects. They do not cover damage caused by crashing, abuse, general wear and tear etc. If you feel that any item purchased from Trilogy Cycles has developed a fault then please contact us before returning goods as many problems may be solved in store without you incurring freight costs. If the goods need to be returned then…
- Goods must be clean, not covered in muck and oil.
- Please be honest when dealing with us, we will endeavor to resolve any problem you have as it is in our interest to have a happy customer! Unfortunately, freight costs cannot be covered by Trilogy Cycles.
- Goods returned will be assessed by our Warranty Department. Replacement goods will be dispatched once approved. We will contact you in cases that are not deemed to be valid for warranty.
Trade Practices Act 1974
In the event that goods sold are not of good quality or are faulty, the customer has the right to a repair, replacement or a refund. The Trade Practices Act 1974 is designed to protect the customer being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of Australian safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission enforce the Trade Practices Act 1974.